Old township online tour
with local guide
Takayama city has special history & culture.
Old township is the most popular tourist spot in Takayama city.
More than 10,000 tourist across this narrow old township street just 1 day !! (High season)
This town was made by one Samurai as merchant houses. He built not only old township but also castle and lot’s of things more than 400 years ago.
You can see what is special about this local spot and why it takes it to the next generation more than 400 years.
Local guide will explain not only old buildings but also special history & culture well.
This is a live tour.
If you have any questions/comments, you can inquire anytime directly to guide during the tour.
This is an online tour and we use online communication tools such as Facetime, Whatsapp, LINE or Skype. You can enjoy Takayama from the comfort of your own home.
Tour participants can enjoy the sights and sounds of the tourist attractions through the tour guide’s guidance by using their smartphone or computer. Of course, it is a participation, not viewing only, so feel free to say “I want to see it here!” Or “I want you to explain this place to me!” If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
How to get to the tour
Please fill in the tour application form, and we will contact you by email with your payment method after adjusting the start time. You can pay by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express) and ApplePay, WeChatPay or directly pay/bank transfer to our bank. After confirming your payment, we can proceed to arrange the tour as scheduled. We will reply to your email within a few hours, but please call us if you are in a hurry.
Phone number: +81-577-70-8528
*Please install apps (Facetime, WhatsApp, LINE, Skype) on your smartphone/computer before the tour.
In this tour, we offer two plans to suit your preferences.
You can lean about the history and culture of Hida Takayama by strolling through the old township in Takayama City.
The Nakabashi Bridge is a photogenic spot.
You can see old & special type of Japanese Government office. (It is only remaining government office place from Edo period in Japan.)
You can see Takumi’s masterpiece which Takumi means the well trained and skillful carpenters in Hida area and you can also learn about Japanese religions.
This tour was featured on the blog Travelling Therese.
We did a online tour of the old town, modern town, shrine, and discussion on sake breweries…it was very enjoyable , in detail. A great educational experience for those with children , stuck indoors during covid. Recommend heartily.
We participated in a live group virtual tour of Takayama. The guide was very friendly and knowledgeable, and showed us popular sites to visit. It was a very enjoyable tour and has made us want to visit in person in the future. We would definitely recommend this tour service!
- Meeting point: In front of your smart phone/computer
- Travelers: 1 person or more (depends on the application you are using)
- Duration: 20 or 45 minutes
- Private tour: available
- Interactive tour guide
- Cancellation policy:
- 10-8 days before tour starts 20%, 7-2 days before tour starts 30%, 24 hours before tour starts 40%, one day before tour starts 50%, late or after tour 100%
- A flight delay or cancellation certificate is required to request for rescheduling or refund.
- Once the tour has started, no refunds will be given under any circumstances.
- We will send you a confirmation email when you make a reservation (After you fill in the reservation form, we will reply to you within a few hours, but if you make a reservation at night time in Japan we will contact you the next morning).
- We do not recommend this tour if the internet connection is weak.
- Depending on the internet connection during the tour, there is a possibility that the video quality will be poor.
Old Township Online Tour
Standard course. 1,700 yen / person for 20 minutes (3,000 yen / person after 18:00.)
Standard + Yamazakura Shrine Course. 2,500 yen / person for 45 minutes (4,000 yen / person after 18:00.)
Special price for a limited time! *1
Standard course 1,200 yen / person
Standard + Yamazakura Shrine Course 2,000 yen / person
Special price for group (more than 10 people) 800 yen / person!! *2
*1 Normal price after 18:00. This price is per person.
*2 We will use Skype for group.