Old township walking tour
with a local guide
The old township was designated an area of important traditional buildings by the Japanese Government. The rich atmosphere of Takayama castle town still lingers as if it jumped out of the Samurai drama.
You can enjoy the beauty of four seasons.
In the tour, the local guide will give detailed explanations.
You can learn about the history and culture of Takayama.
This is walking tour around old township in Takayama city.
You can take beautiful photos in Nakabashi bridge.
You can see a traditional & special type of Japanese Government office. (This is only government office left in Japan from Edo period) It is possible to visit the Takayama Jinya but the entrance fee is not included in this tour.
You can see Takumi’s masterpiece which Takumi means the well trained and skillful carpenters in Hida area and you can also learn about Japanese religions.
Hida Kokubun-ji Temple
You can see big Ginkgo tree and hear the interesting story related to this big tree. There is also a Triple Pagoda in this temple.
- Meeting point: Happy Plus Desk
- Travelers: 1~20
- Private tour is available upon request
- Duration: 20,45,70 minutes
- Tour Guide Fee
- Explanation of Japanese spiritual part
- Facility entrance fee / service fee
- Cancellation policy:
- 10-8 days before tour starts 20%, 7-2 days before tour starts 30%, 24 hours before tour starts 40%, one day before tour starts 50%, late or after tour 100%
- If the tour is canceled due to bad weather conditions, notice will be sent by e-mail one day before tour date. Tour fee paid will be fully refunded.
- A flight delay or cancellation certificate is required to request for rescheduling or refund.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended to guests who have heart disease or other serious medical conditions.
- This experience requires good weather. If it is canceled due to poor weather, you will be offered a date change or a full refund.
Old township walking tour with a local guide
About 20 minutes 3000 yen / person
Standard + Yamazakura Shrine course
About 45 minutes 6000 yen / person
Standard + Yamazakura Shirine + Kokubun-ji Temple course
About 70 minutes 7500 yen / person