If you are looking for a different kind of sightseeing in Takayama, how about a Zen meditation experience at a temple?
You may have a rigid impression of Zen, but in reality, it is not so.
Zen meditation allows you to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and face yourself quietly.
Under the guidance of the priest, even beginners can experience Zen meditation with peace of mind.
Please take this opportunity to try it out.
Higashiyama Temples Walking Tour
This tour includes a walking tour on the Higashiyama promenade. There are more than five temples along the Higashiyama Trail, and our guide will take you to each one. You will be able to experience the culture and history of Hida Takayama.
*The tour is also available for Zazen experience only. Please contact us for details.
- Meeting point: Happy Plus Desk
- Travelers: 2~30
- Private tour is available upon request
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Tour Guide Fee
- Zen meditation
- Cancellation policy:
- 10-8 days before tour starts 20%, 7-2 days before tour starts 30%, 24 hours before tour starts 40%, one day before tour starts 50%, late or after tour 100%
- If the tour is canceled due to bad weather conditions, notice will be sent by e-mail 1 day before the tour date. Tour fee paid will be fully refunded.
- A flight delay or cancellation certificate is required to request for rescheduling or refund.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended to guests who have heart disease or other serious medical conditions
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it is canceled due to insufficient participants, you will be offered a change of date/experience or a full refund
Zen Meditation and Higashiyama Temples Walking Tour
About 90 minutes 7000 yen / person